Solar Trackers TRAXLE
Function of the Sun Tracker
The sun tracker is an apparatus which can follow the sun’s track from its rising in the east to its setting in the west. The TRAXLE solar tracker is an assembly consisting of aluminium profiles and stainless steel. Photovoltaic panels are attached to this assembly. Because the solar tracker turns after the sun, the photovoltaic panels face the sun directly all day long and their performance is thus substantially enhanced.
The technical solution of the TRAXLE tracker is unique, with two patents issued, valid worldwide. The main load-bearing part of TRAXLE is an aluminium or stainless steel pipe, oriented slantwise on the north/south axis. Arms with photovoltaic panels are attached to the pipe. The pipe has a built-in DC motor with turns the entire assembly with a worm gear unit. The motor is powered by a PV module attached to the bottom part of the pipe. The module is mounted perpendicularly toward the sun and contains PV cells on both sides. The TRAXLE sun tracker turns to that side of the small PV module which is exposed to the sun.
Advantages of TRAXLE
* enhances performance of photovoltaic modules by 30%
* enhances performance of water pumps by 70%
* robust construction from stainless steel and aluminium profiles
* easy installation, unattended operation
* no maintenance of the assembly required
* works even in winter
* self-locking gear protects against gusty winds
* scalability of the system